martedì 6 novembre 2012

The best kebab of the trip


Kebab is the national dish: it is everywhere, and in some situations prevented me from starving.
I ate the best one in Teheran, in a restaurant where both Forough and Sadraa and Sadegh and Pari took us. So I ate it twice!
The fact that the place was popular was clear from the long line at the entrance. Inside, the furniture was simple and cheap, with tables very close to each other in order to occupy all the two floor spaces. The general atmosphere was friendly and messy. What about cleanliness? Let's skip the subject. :)
The best part was the food and the price.
Concerning the food, the kebabs were prepared and cooked in front of the clients. The meat was delicious, as was the bread and all the vegetables and dressings served with the kebab. I mean tomatoes, onions, peppers, green salad with aromatic herbs, rice and yoghurt!
And what about the price? As gratifying as the food. I miss that!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento